Staff at Simpson Primary School strive towards engaging our students in an education that's relevant in the 21st century.
The Intent of Simpson Primary School:
- To provide high quality education in a positive, supportive environment, enabling all students to achieve their potential.
- We are committed to enriching learning through opportunity.
- In our school everyone is a learner committed to doing their best.
Our program based on the Victorian Curriculum includes:
Specialist Science - Visual Arts - Physical Education - Library - Environmental Education
The student well being program is based on School Wide Positive Behaviours where all members of the school community strive towards displaying behaviours that are consistent with our over arching value "At Simpson PS we C.A.R.E."
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILD SAFETY
- Simpson Primary School is committed to child safety.
- We take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child safety
- We have a zero tolerance of child abuse
- We want out children to be happy, safe, empowered and to participate in decisions which affect their lives
- We aim to create a culture of openness that supports all persons to safely disclose risks of harm to children
- We respect diversity in cultures and child rearing practices while keeping child safety paramount
- We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability
- We provide written guidance on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children
- We strive to engage only the most suitable people to work with children and have robust human resources and recruitment practices in place
- We let children know who to talk with if they are worried or are feeling unsafe
- We are responsible for reporting suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment promptly to the appropriate authorities and have robust policies and procedures in place to support this
- We share information appropriately and lawfully with other organisations where the safety and wellbeing of children is at risk
- We highly value the input of and communicate regularly with families and carers
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support the school to achieve these commitments.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000